Sunday 8 January 2012

My top 25 songs of 2011

I decided to make a top 25 songs of 2011 list after reading what felt like 100 other people's lists and discovering that absolutely no one had chosen anything by the Arctic Monkeys, who came out with the best album of the year as far as I'm concerned. So here's my list. 


25. Cass McCombs -- County Line


24. Metronomy -- The Bay


23. SBTRKT -- Wildfire


22. Blonds -- K.O.


21. Eleanor Friedberger -- My Mistakes


20. Jay-Z and Kanye West (ft. Frank Ocean) -- No Church in the Wild

19. Rostam -- Wood

18. Lana del Rey -- Video Games


17. Young Galaxy -- Cover Your Tracks


16. Sóley -- I'll Drown
15. Bedouin Soundclash (ft. Couer de Pirate) -- Brutal Hearts

14. Handsome Furs -- Bury Me Standing

13. The Weeknd -- High for This

12. Ms. Mr. -- Bones

11. Panda Su -- I Begin

10. Bon Iver -- Calgary

9. M83 -- Midnight City

8. Lupe Fiasco -- Lightwork

7. Florence + the Machine -- Shake it Out

6. Woodkid -- Iron

5. Air Review -- America's Son

4. Youth Lagoon -- Montana

3. Lupe Fiasco -- American Terrorist III

2. Alex Turner --Piledriver Waltz

1. Arctic Monkeys -- Suck it and See


What are your favorite songs of 2011? What am I missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment