Sunday 27 June 2010

Sad songs and waltzes aren't selling this year

Saying goodbye to someone I love, even if it is not for an immensely long time, is always a struggle -- not just at the time, but afterwards, usually for several days, when I feel his/her absence and time stretching out until I see him/her again.

Luckily I can usually find a song to fit the situation that matches my mood. This time around it's "Kolniður" from the solo album by Jónsi, lead singer of Sigur Ros.

Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 from Sean Stiegemeier on Vimeo.

Here's a video to give a good idea of what the song sounds like (it cuts off the quieter beginning, sadly, but the video is too good not to be shared). The title of the song means something like "deep darkness" or "pitch blackness", via the Jónsi message boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment